Monday, January 11, 2010

Getting serious about water...

A new ordinance taking effect in the City of Albuquerque will require sellers to install low-flow toilets before completing the sale. The ordinance went into effect on January 6, 2010 and applies to any structure built before 1994 and served by the Bernalillo County Water Authority under the jurisdiction of the city of Albuquerque.

This will obviously cause some hardship for sales -- but I am personally delighted that the city is continuing its focus on water conservation.

2 comments:

GFreak said...

Wow, I hadn't heard about this!
Bruce, you continue to provide information that I would otherwise miss!
I'm certainly a fan of the water conservation efforts and would like to upgrade the toilets in my 1980-built house...
A tiny bit of legwork producted this Bernalillo County rebate program for High-Efficiency Toilet upgrades, too!
Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority

GFreak said...

Oops, I just realized I messed up the HTML code on that link.
Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority